Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sony DSLR links...

My birthday falls later this month, and I've decided on my present. I've cashed in some credit card reward points and ordered myself a Sony Alpha 200 DSLR camera kit. The package comes with a 18-70mm zoom lens, and then I splurged some of the rewards savings into a 50mm f/1.4 prime lens.

I'm really excited about getting into photography more seriously, and I've been thinking a lot about my particular choice. Here, I'm going to list some sites that I've referred to in my shopping, and which will be useful as I dig deeper into this hobby.

Digital Photography Review - A site with really in-depth news and reviews. Sadly, it takes them a long time to get their reviews posted.

Michael Hohner's Photography Pages - This guy has cataloged information on just about every camera and lens out there. This links to his pages about the A-mount lenses that Sony and Minolta used on their SLRs.

Dyxum.com
- A site that offers extensive user reviews of A-mount hardware, even some stuff that's kinda weird. Nice lens database.

Dynax Digital Forums - A forum especially for A-mount camera users.

Photoclub Alpha - A blog run in conjunction with a magazine for A-mount users.

Alpha Mount World - Another news and enthusiast blog for Sony and Minolta DSLR owners.

Sorry that this post is little more than a blogroll. I just want to make sure that I have these resources handy, but if anyone else is interested in making photos with Sony DSLRs, maybe they'll find it useful, too.

Expect to see more photo content and picture posts as time goes on. First though, my camera has to come in.

No comments: